* The Trading Business Management (\"TBM\") function at TD Securities proactively supports the TD Securities Global Markets' businesses achieve:
o Sustainable business strategies;
o Effective and efficient operational processes;
o Effective supervision and control processes;
o Alignment with the Bank's risk appetite and regulatory requirements.
* TBM's reporting lines are joint to the Head of Global Markets as well as the TD Securities Office of the COO. * One of TBM's key departments in support of this mandate is the Global Trade Support Group (\"TSG\"), which is a key input into TBM's overall Front Office Supervision Program across TD Securities' Global Markets businesses. * TSG is an autonomous authority with responsibility for the oversight, control, monitoring, analytics and reporting of post.
Execution trade support within Global Markets, and ensure trades are reflected in the Front Office trading systems consistently on an accurate and timely basis.
* TSG is accountable for the development and implementation of responsible and necessary check points through the trade lifecycle to facilitate its mandate to minimize the risk of execution errors that could result in settlement risk, reputational risk, credit and market risk, PnL risk, hedging risk with the overall consequence of unexpected operational event losses. * TSG supports both trading and sales functions in New York as well as across Toronto and London with specific accountabilities pertaining to trade capture, inventory position management, business reporting / trade capture and client analytics; * TSG interacts with traders, sales persons, Operations, Technology, Compliance and institutional customers to effectively deliver its mandate;
o Primary point of contact between the Trading/Sales Desk and all other areas including Ops, Risk , Credit, Technology, etc. to promote and achieve functional and process alignment between infrastructure, support and control groups and the Front Office Businesses.
o Functions as the trading and sales management authorized delegate on business driven, cross functional or TD Securities wide initiatives and governance forums associated with trade capture.
o Proactively delivers on cost reduction, efficiency and transparency recommendations that benefit the overall organization (e.g. rationalization of trading platforms, development of exception reporting and various monitoring tools, simplification and improvement of trade process workflows).
o Actively engages with the Firm's clients (e.g. initiates requests for clarification or responds to requests/investigations) pertaining to trade lifecycle events thereby managing the reputational risk of client complaints or dissatisfaction with TD as a counterparty.
o Primary point of contact for any trade issues from Operations/Settlements in order to independently decide on the appropriate course of action given the specific circumstances of the particular trade.
o Independently escalates non-standard or high risk transactions or other activities, as appropriate, as part of its operational risk management accountabilities and Supervisory reporting responsibilities.
* TSG supports the ongoing development and design and adherence of the target operating model for Front Office processes that are required for effective trade execution, trade capture and position and risk management.
o Develops and implements the necessary trade capture governance framework to promote Front Office management's adherence to associated TD policies, risk appetite, business strategies, internal controls and audit/regulatory reviews.
o Provides unique knowledge and subject matter expertise in many new and existing financial products, trading systems and applications to proactively drive process efficiency and cost effectiveness of operational processes across Global Markets.
o Lead accountability for FINRA's regulatory TRACE trade reporting processes, daily/weekly/monthly review and analysis, intra-day follow-up.
The Front Office Global Trade Support Team reports directly into Trading Business Management and is the first line of support for the Trading and Sales Desks.
The support comprises of trade capture into ION and Calypso, trade affirmation and various involvement throughout the lifecycle of trades. The Team also provides Sales Support in the form of client volume reporting and client onboarding (interacting with the AML/KYC teams) for the MBS/CMO Desks
Other functions will include TRACE Monitoring, Trade Cancels and Amends, Notifying Agencies of Collateral used for Megas/Giants, Liasing with Operations on trade discrepancies, and EOD requirements
List qualifications for:
* Education * Experience * Certifications/Licenses * Knowledge, Skills & Abilities ? Knowledge of the operating environment, business processes and transaction lifecycle in the US Fixed Income , MBS and CMO products * Bachelors degree with at least 1-3 years' experience * Advanced knowledge of Capital Markets and Financial Services industry * Series 7 required or willing to obtain within a month of hire * Experience or working knowledge of Bloomberg, is an asset. * Excellent Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills * Very strong written and verbal communication skills * Be highly organized and detail oriented * Be able to manage time and meet deadlines * Possess good judgment, think critically and make decisions * High level of attention to detail and personal responsibility * Able to handle multiple priorities and a trading floor environment * Programming knowledge preferred, but not required
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.