143 Chrystie St
ProQuest - Who we are?
The ProQuest Mission: Better research. Better learning, Better insights. ProQuest enables people to change their world. ProQuest supports the efforts of students and researchers across the globe. Providing important research tools and curating treasure troves of content has helped ProQuest to become an industry leader in the Information Services market.
ProQuest products are a gateway to the world's knowledge. Researchers find three centuries of newspapers (e.g., New York Times, Wall Street Journal); hundreds of million pages of Government documents; more than half a billion academic e-books; collections of important scholarly journals and the world's largest collection of dissertations and theses supporting many fields of study. Our vast collections span six centuries, all disciplines and include the diverse content of more than one billion documents needed by researchers.
What will I be doing?
In this new role, you will develop and execute an Open Access strategy to build on ProQuest's unique position in the market as an education technology company at the crossroads of libraries, researchers, publishers, funders and university administration. You will have the chance to proactively engage with the community, review ProQuest's current position, and work with ProQuest leadership to identify opportunities and develop a strategy, including new Open Access initiatives and roadmaps.
ProQuest has a variety of product solutions for provision and discovery of Open Access content. We are searching for a gifted leader who lives and breathes product strategy to develop and execute an overall vision and value proposition for all customer groups and align existing open access initiatives across the company.
In this position you will also...
* Identify opportunities for all parts of the organisation, across markets and regions, for the impact of the transition to Open Access.
* Provide a deep understanding and analysis for the company of the impact and opportunities of Open Access, on all ProQuest stakeholder groups - librarians, researchers, publishers, universities.
* Engage with industry lead stakeholders at a senior level (policy makers, funders, publishers, universities, librarians, researchers) to understand the evolving landscape.
* Work across the enterprise to identify, create and implement business cases for new opportunities for ProQuest and Ex Libris to provide solutions for current and emerging Open Access needs, including new business models, products and services, and sources of new revenue.
* Work with business leaders to define and execute a strategy for ProQuest in Open Access aggregation, Discovery and other services including acquisition of open content from publishers.
* Deliver public facing thought leadership on this topic and developing a user community by representing ProQuest at industry events, with key customers and at publisher meetings.
Five reasons you should apply...
* You have the ability to lead, influence, and motivate across teams in a global, matrix structure, without relying on hierarchy.
* You have an explorer mindset, quickly learning and applying new technologies to reach new audiences or to enable new business models.
* You can innovate for impact, energized by tough challenges, willing to face adversity head on, willing to challenge the status quo and take an unpopular stand if necessary.
* You possess a drive for results, a passion for our products and solving customer problems, steadfastly pushing self and others to exceed goals, bottom line oriented, taking initiative and ownership for outcomes.
* You are an articulate and persuasive communicator, as both a writer and a speaker, who uses data to support arguments.
This job may not be a fit if...
* You aren't intrigued and challenged by the complexity of the future of education technology and publishing.
* You can't decide or act without having the total picture.
* You are unable to bring several unrelated streams of information together to form a compelling vision.
* You can't think and talk strategically with the best.
Qualified Candidates must have:
* Bachelors' degree or higher in a related field
* At least 8 years relevant work experience in education technology and/or publishing.
* Deep publishing/funding/library industry experience in strategy, particularly in the area of Open Science and Open Access policies.
* A strong track record of and a passion for translating vision and strategy into actionable, measurable outcomes, map it into a roadmap and drive execution.
* Capability to clearly promote, present and communicate to the market a viewpoint inclusive of the whole ProQuest organisation with strategic customers, at industry tradeshows and conferences and CABs/director level events.
* Capacity to convincingly communicate Open Science/Open Access strategy and value to both internal and external stakeholders.
* Ability to effectively negotiate contracts, a deep understanding of business drivers and key issues, sees actions holistically and can execute on them with minimal direction.
* Aptitude to apply data analytics and business planning, ROI to matters of complexity.
Superstar Candidates will ALSO have...
* MBA or other advanced degree
* Prior experience in a Product Management/Product Owner
* 3 or more years of experience within ProQuest/Ex Libris
Other important information about this position:
* This position is based in one of our North America office locations and may be appropriate for partial remote work, subject to approval.
* Occasional travel is required.
* This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance with some scheduling flexibility available around core working hours.
* Every position requires certain physical capabilities. ProQuest seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when possible.
More to love about becoming a PQ employee:
* Forbes Ranks ProQuest among 2018 America's Best Mid-Size Employers.
* We offer professional development opportunities with a significant focus on learning.
* We hold fun on-site events.
* Our employee population is smart and highly collaborative.
* We have a relaxed dress code? yes, that means blue jeans (and not just on Fridays!)
* All our employees have access to ProQuest research products including e-books, genealogy and academic journals.
At ProQuest, we work hard and have fun doing it. If you're in search of a high impact, high profile position that is challenging and fun, please consider joining our talented team!!
EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...