- Ntt Data Corporation
Customer Service/Call Center
143 Chrystie St
Req ID: 53428
At NTT DATA Services, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees are key factors in our company's growth, market presence and our ability to help our clients stay a step ahead of the competition. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA Services and for the people who work here.
NTT DATA Services currently seeks a Application Support Specialist to join our team in New York City, New York (US-NY), United States (US).
You are going to work in a fast-paced trading environment with a wide variety of financial products. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about learning and working with the business to resolve day to day technical issues. You must have strong communication skills as you will be working with many different teams front to back across both the business and technical organizations. You will be working with developers to debug issues and find root causes so some experience with coding is required. You will make impact by resolving issues efficiently, managing incidents, identifying recurring issues and coming up with recommendations on where to make investments to bring down support costs. Lastly, you will help train new users and developers by creating clear and concise documentation for applications and processes.
Job Level Specific Duties:
* Help users to quickly resolve issue
* Create user documentation for applications and processes
* Create runbooks for faster issue resolution
* Debug code and determine where changes need to be made to resolve root causes
* Manage support tickets to track recurring issues and support cost
* Perform start of day checks to ensure that systems are operational before the trading day starts
* Use tools to execute configuration changes, modify production data and entitle users to applications
* Execute BCPs to ensure that backup plans are up to date
The ideal candidate will possess:
* Minimum two years of support and incident management experience
* 2+ years of experience reading and debuging code (Java/C++/Python)
* Minimum two years development experience with Java (or C++ or Python)
* 2+ years of experience in software release process and change management
* 2+ years of experience with development/support in large-scale, enterprise-style financial services applications
* 2+ years of experience with UNIX/Linux Operating system: shells, file systems, symbolic links, process management, etc
* 2+ years of experience in supporting trading desks at large investment banks
* 2+ years of experience with SQL
* 2+ years of experience with an object oriented programming language
* Knowledge of Fixed Income products (Interest Rates, Credit, Foreign Exchange)
Minimum Education and Certifications
* Bachelor's degree (U.S. or equivalent) in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or a related field with 3 years of software development / production support experience
This position is only available to those interested in direct staff employment opportunities with NTT DATA, Inc. or its subsidiaries. Please note, 1099 or corp-2-corp contractors or the equivalent will NOT be considered. We offer a full comprehensive benefits package that starts from your first day of employment.
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services partners with clients to navigate and simplify the modern complexities of business and technology, delivering the insights, solutions and outcomes that matter most. We deliver tangible business results by combining deep industry expertise with applied innovations in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services.
NTT DATA Services, headquartered in Plano, Texas, is a division of NTT DATA Corporation, a top 10 global business and IT services provider with 118,000+ professionals in more than 50 countries, and NTT Group, a partner to 88 percent of the Fortune 100. Visit nttdataservices.com to learn more.
NTT DATA, Inc. (the \"Company\") is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.
Associated topics: assistance, front desk, help desk, patient, support, support analyst, systems administrator, technician, technician ii, technology
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...